Inline Performance Magazine

Inline Performance Magazine


Sad to See Yet Another Suzuki Go Home

Posted: 07 Oct 2011 10:00 PM PDT


Hey, what’s going on guys? It’s time to send another Gsxr home to Suzuki. And I have to say that I’m most sad about letting this one go since I have ridden it more than the others. As I mentioned before, I have a soft spot for Suzuki Gsxr600s as it was my first “real” sportbike. Here’s my subjective view.

The 2011 version was all about reducing weight in order to take advantage of new found power gains in the low to mid-range for better acceleration out of corners. Performance-enhancing updates to the inline-four focused on reducing mechanical losses by cutting back on weight and reducing friction of engine internals.

While this really did not show up during regular city commuting, the often too spirited rides I took it out on late at night, when no cars were around, truly showed how light the Gsxr600 got this year. I was able to throw it to and fro, like it was a bicycle. In fact, it was so confidence inspiring, I was able to slither downhill as fast as I was going up.

If you guys knew me, you would know I hate going down the steep hills of San Francisco. The blind corners, and too many youthful crashes in the beginning of my riding career, have scarred me for life.

So cheers to you Suzuki. Thank you for giving me my confidence back.

Stay tuned for more updates, and be sure to order your copy of the 2011 print edition of Inline Performance Magazine HERE at the pre-order price until supplies last.

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to our full feed RSS or receive new posts by Email.