Book review - Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN

Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPNThose Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN by James Andrew Miller

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The bad: At over 700 pages, this easily could have been cut back by 25% and been even better. An oral history, there were too many quotes that just didn't need to be included. They also could have organized the whole thing better. Being someone who appreciates knowing the timeline as I'm reading, I liked the fact that it was organized in groups of years, but they could have broken it down even further, and put the corresponding quotes together in a clearer manner than they did.

The good: An amazing story of a true cultural phenomena, anyone interested in media, television, sports, or even pop culture history will appreciate this. Its an easy read too. Despite what I say above, I highly recommend it.